- First, if you don’t know what a hell Azoth is and why would you need it in FD, read this post.
- Second, download Azoth zip.
- Find com subfolder inside zip’s as3class folder and extract it to C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Library\AS3\classes – now you can import Azoth’s fastmem class in any AS3 project.
- Make azoth folder in C:\Program Files\FlashDevelop\Tools.
- Find azoth.exe inside zip’s bin folder and extract it to azoth folder you have made at step 4.
- In the project that uses Azoth, go to project properties dialog, Build tab, and paste following into Post-Build Command Line field: “$(ToolsDir)\azoth\azoth.exe” “$(OutputDir)\$(OutputName)” “$(OutputDir)\$(OutputName)”
Update: FD response was incredibly fast – there’s now special FD extension available with AS3 project template.